Buttery and yummy, these fillets will have you going back for seconds…. 4 tilapia fillets 1/2 stick melted butter 1/4 cup cornmeal 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese 1 tsp garlic powder salt and pepper Preheat oven to 375. Place butter in […]
Tilapia 4 tilapia fillets 2 wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Cheese 1 cup grated parmesan cheese salt and pepper Preheat oven to 375. Blot your fillets to remove any excess water. Combine parm, salt and pepper on a large plate. Spread your fillets with […]
We always stock up on frozen fish fillets when me make our monthly BJ’s runs and I’m always looking for new ways to prepare it. Baked fish can be a bit on the bland side but the addition of mushrooms, onions and Italian dressing really liven it up!
Ingredients for Mushroom Fish:
- 4 tilapia fillets, frozen (feel free to substitute any flaky white fish here)
- 1 pack of baby bellas, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 3 tbs zesty Italian dressing
Ingredients for Zucchini Gratin:
- 1 pack baby zucchini, halved lengthwise (you could also use large zucchini, sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes in herb oil
- 1/2 cup reduced fat, Italian four cheese blend
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
Directions for Mushroom Fish:
To a casserole dish, add you mushrooms and onions. They will act as a bed for the fillets. Season your fillets with salt and pepper and place on top of your mushrooms and onions. Drizzle with Italian dressing and bake for about 25 mins or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Directions for Zucchini Gratin:
Place zucchini in a small casserole. Mix ricotta with sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper and spoon evenly on top of zucchini. Top with shredded cheese and bake 25 mins or until cheese is slightly browned on top. To serve, top with fresh basil.
- Look for sun dried tomatoes in herb oil in the produce section of your grocery store.
Skip the take out and whip up your own Chinese food feast in just minutes! You will find Salt and Pepper fish on the menu at many Chinese food restaurants. Perhaps it’s the simplicity of this dish that I find most appealing. It’s very low on ingredients but high […]