Light, clean, healthy and refreshing, this salad was inspired by one of my favorite cocktails. 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined zest and juice of 1 lime 1 tbs butter 2 cloves garlic, minced salt and pepper handful of fresh mint large bowl of […]
I’m loving those store bought rotisserie chickens lately. They yield so much meat and are super moist and tender. The leftover possibilities are endless! 4 cups leftover chicken, chopped 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained 1 15 oz can of black beans, […]
This super easy to prepare salad says Summer to me. The colors are as pleasing to the eye as the flavors are to the pallette.
- 1 ball of fresh mozzerella, sliced about 1/4″ in thickness
- zest of one lemon
- chiffonade of fresh basil
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsalmic vinegar
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
Assembly couldn’t be simpler. Lay mozzerella out on serving platter and top each piece with a slice of tomato.
Zest lemon over top and sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar and finish off by adding basil.
Puttanesca Ensalada…doesn’t that mean whore salad? Who knows, Italian is so colorful.
- 1 pack of vine ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole pepperoncinis
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat. Taste and add more salt and pepper if need be.