Hair, oil, football and don’t forget the beef! They do everything big in the lonestar state. 1 lb ground beef 1 tsp ground cumin 1/2 tsp chili powder 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp cinnamon salt and pepper 1 can […]
In an attempt to waste less and use more of what we have around the house, I came up with this semi-deconstructed take on the classic green eggs and ham. As you can see from the directions, this is a tiny bit of cooking combined with an interesting presentation to achieve something that looks incredibly elegant for the amount of work it requires.
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 3 slices of low sodium ham (of course, you can use regular ham, this is just what he had in the fridge)
- 1/2 scallion, sliced thin
- 3 leaves of fresh basil
- A few dashes of green Tabasco – in my opinion, the BEST Tabasco there is!!!
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat and add your ham slices. Cook about 2 mins per side or until they are just slightly browned.
- To serve, place a slice of your egg on the plate and top with basil leaf and a slice of ham. Repeat 3 times and dress the final layer with green Tabasco and scallions. Easy Peazy and Mmmm mmmm!!